Thursday, March 5, 2009


My Dear Friends and Family,

I so felt your prayers and healing thoughts during the past two days as I underwent a heart catheterization.  Although the cardiologist suspected that I had a blockage, he was surprised to discover that I actually had three!  One was 90% blocked, the other two were 70% blocked.  So, he inserted three stents.

I am go grateful that the anesthesiologist for my foot surgery last month suspected a possible problem from my pre-op EKG and told me to get a cardiology consultation!  The only symptom I ever exhibited was
shortness of breath during exertion.

My oldest daughter, Tasha, was able to come over from her home in Lexington, VA to be with me for which I am also extremely grateful!
She was actually allowed to come into the cath lab to see the pictures of the blockages and to help me decide whether to undergo stent treatment or bypass.  I definitely preferred to take the less-invasive option at this point.

Hopefully, by getting into the Dean Ornish Heart and Cardio Rehab
Program offered by the hospital here in Charleston, WV, I will be able to avoid having further problems.

Love, light and laughter,
Juanita Ruth One
Holding the World in the Light of Peace


No comments: